Before you can get started in our 16-month ABSN program, you must complete a series of science and humanities prerequisite courses within the specified requirements. Our MAP program makes it convenient for you to do so by offering these courses 100% online and in an accelerated format.
Prerequisite Science Course
|BIO 214 Introductory Microbiology*||4|
|BIO 225 Human Anatomy*||5|
|BIO 226 General Human Physiology*||5|
|CHE 100 Elements of General and Biological Chemistry*||4|
Prerequisite General Education Course
|PSY 220 Human Growth and Development**||3|
|Gen Ed: THL 105 or THL 216**||3|
Suggested, but not required that this course be completed before admission to the nursing program.
|Gen Ed/Co Req: PSY 205 Statistics**||3|
|Gen Ed/Co Req: PSY 230 Abnormal Psychology**||3|
|Gen Ed/Co Req: THL 105 or THL 216**||3|
*Must pass with a C+ (2.8 GPA minimum)
**Must pass with a C
Marian’s Adult Programs (MAP)
MAP allows you to complete all of the required ABSN prerequisite courses online. Following an accelerated format, these courses are taught by Marian University professors and include interactive exercises that aid in the learning process and strengthen critical thinking skills.
- Accredited online classes in an accelerated format.
- Five-week course options offered nine times a year.
- Eight-week course options offered six times a year.
- Seamless credit transfers with our Leighton School of Nursing.
- Reserved seating opportunities for the ABSN program.
We use credit hours to determine the tuition cost of our prerequisite courses, with the cost per MAP credit hour being $375 ($390 as of 8/21/17). You are responsible for purchasing textbooks.
By meeting the ABSN program admission requirements and completing the required prerequisite courses through MAP, you may earn contingent admission into our accelerated program for your target start date. Reserved seating is dependent on, but not limited to, the following:
- Timely completion of the MAP prerequisite courses,
- Maintaining the minimum grade requirement for each prerequisite course,
- Submitting a completed nursing school application package to the Leighton School of Nursing.
Contact us to learn more about our ABSN program prerequisite courses.