ABSN Program Admissions Overview
When it comes to accepting students into our second-degree Accelerated BSN program in Nashville, we seek applicants who not only meet our admissions requirements, but also have the high level of patience and compassion that is required to provide spiritually centered patient care.
Our nursing school in Nashville offers:
- ABSN program start dates in January, May, and August.
- Admissions advisors who work exclusively with nursing students.
- Online ABSN prerequisite courses through Marian’s Adult Programs.
We do not charge an admissions fee, however, applicants must pay for a drug test, background check, and a series of immunizations and health screenings—all of which are required before entering the ABSN program.
Dedicated Admissions Advisors
Working solely with ABSN students, our admissions advisors serve with a student’s best interest at heart. These champions of higher learning go above and beyond to help you understand the full scope of the program and the time commitment involved. They are also readily available to help you:
- Determine your enrollment eligibility and discuss your education goals.
- Enroll in Marian’s Adult Programs to complete the prerequisite courses.
- Create an academic plan that works toward your program start date.
- Stay on task throughout the admissions and application processes.
Five Key Admissions Steps
1. Talk to Admissions
Schedule an interview with an admissions advisor who will confirm your qualifications and ensure that our nursing school aligns with your future goals.
2. Preliminary Review
During your preliminary review with an admissions advisor, you will need to share your unofficial transcripts from the college/university you previously attended. Your advisor will also help you create a personalized academic plan that works toward your desired program start date.
3. Apply to Marian University
Following your preliminary review, you must apply to Marian University and submit your official transcripts from the college/university you previously attended. If you are accepted by our university, you will have a post advising session with your advisor.
4. Complete Prerequisite Courses
Before getting started in the ABSN program, you must successfully complete a series of science and humanities prerequisite courses. Our MAP program makes it convenient by offering these courses online and in an accelerated format.
5. Apply to the Leighton School of Nursing
After completing the ABSN prerequisite courses, you must apply to our Leighton School of Nursing.
ABSN Enrollment Schedule
Contact us to learn more about our ABSN admissions process.