Going back to school for a second degree can be intimidating, especially when you enroll in a challenging program like accelerated nursing. Luckily, many students have proven that it’s possible to achieve their goal of becoming a nurse with Marian University’s ABSN program in Indianapolis.
As you prepare to earn your second degree, it’s important to be prepared for what’s ahead. Here are five tips to help you as you begin your journey toward a second degree:
- Surround yourself with people who support you. A solid support system is vital when taking on an endeavor like returning to school for your nursing degree. Make sure you have people in your life who believe in you and your dream. They will remind you why you’re on your journey if things become difficult.
- Organize your finances. Before returning to school, be sure to research scholarships and financial aid. Financial resources are not just for first-time students. Know where your money will come from so you don’t find yourself under financial pressure right when the academic pressure at school heats up.
- Make studying a priority. Those of you who’ve worked in a corporate business setting might have experience holding meetings to stay on track with projects. Treat studying like a meeting. Put it on your calendar and make sure you begin promptly. Your life is likely quite different from the last time you were in school. Remember, the only way there will be time is if you make it.
- Expect it to be different. No matter how recently you’ve been in school, the accelerated nursing program at Marian University is unique. Don’t expect your learning experience to be the same as when you earned your previous bachelor’s degree, and don’t become discouraged when you meet new challenges.
- Remember why you enrolled. When you’re in a difficult class or a situation that makes you uncomfortable, remind yourself why you went back to school to become a nurse. Remember the many lives you’ll touch once you graduate.
Are you ready for nursing school? Earning a second degree isn’t always easy, but the end result is worth it. Contact 866.892.6463 or fill out this form to get the ball rolling.