Marian University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Our Accelerated BSN program is for non-nurses who want to become a nurse in as few as 16 months.
Earn Your BSN Degree in as Few as 16 Months
Whether you’ve always wanted to be a nurse or you’ve only recently decided to transition into the field, the Marian University ABSN program can equip you with the skills, knowledge, and compassionate care qualities to make it happen in as few as 16 months.
Designed for motivated career changers, the full-time accelerated BSN program builds upon your previous non-nursing bachelor’s degree, giving you a running start on pursuing a rewarding profession through a rigorous combination of online coursework, on-site skills labs, and clinical rotations through our hospital relationships in each respective location: Ascension St. Vincent in Indianapolis, Ascension Saint Thomas in Nashville, and several top facilities, like Mercy, in Oklahoma City.
Our 16-month accelerated BSN program offers:
- High accessibility with three start dates a year, in January, May, and August.
- A faith-based, supportive learning environment rooted in Franciscan values.
- A CCNE-accredited nursing education designed to help you feel prepared to sit for the nursing licensure exam.
What to Expect
This tell-all guide reveals what nursing school is like and what you can expect in our 16-month ABSN program.
Oklahoma City ABSN Kick-Start Scholarship
If you’ve thought about being a nurse, there’s never been a better time to start. Students who enroll in the Oklahoma City Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Marian University in 2023 will receive a $10,000 scholarship upon admission.
How the ABSN Program Works
Our accredited second-degree nursing program for non-nurses builds upon your existing bachelor’s degree, making it possible to earn a quality BSN degree on an accelerated timeline. Our 16-month ABSN curriculum is a combination of online and onsite instruction:
- Online coursework teaches you the fundamentals and theories of nursing practice.
- Nursing labs offer a realistic, risk-free environment for you to develop your clinical skills and judgment.
- Clinical rotations provide you real-world nursing experience in top healthcare facilities.
Reserve Your Spot
If you finish your ABSN prerequisites through Marian University, we’ll save you a seat in our nursing program.