ABSN Admission Requirements
Our second-degree accelerated nursing program is was created to help for motivated individuals who want to quickly transition into a new career within the field of nursing. To be eligible for our 16-month ABSN program, you must:
- Hold a non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a minimum overall cumulative 2.8 GPA or a 3.0 GPA for the last 60 credit hours completed. (Note: Students seeking contingent admission must have a cumulative 2.8 GPA in their prior degree.)
- Complete all of the ABSN prerequisite courses within the grade and GPA requirements.
We also seek students who have a true compassion for others and are ready to learn from an institution based on Franciscan values. Marian ABSN students will learn how to embody the power and importance of holistic care, which views the whole patient beyond their symptoms alone and focuses on treating the mind, body, and spirit. Plus, it is our belief that every great nurse is:
- A good listener and communicator,
- Highly empathetic and patient,
- Extremely detailed and organized,
- Level-headed in high-stress situations.
Talk to an Advisor
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed in our accelerated nursing school, we recommend speaking with an admissions advisor as soon as possible. Our staff will be able to tell you about the structure of the program, the time commitment involved, and the full scope of the application process. After an initial conversation, they can help you lay out a roadmap for success and support you through the process of becoming a Marian ABSN student.
Contact us to learn about our accelerated nursing program admission requirements.