Accelerated BSN Admissions Overview
Whether you apply to our 16-month Accelerated BSN program in Indiana or Tennessee, you must meet the same admissions requirements and follow the same application process. But more importantly, you’ll also receive the same high level of personalized support from our admissions team.
While many nursing schools lack seating and clinical placement capacity, our Leighton School of Nursing can put your education in motion as soon as possible courtesy of:
- Two ABSN program site locations (Indianapolis and Nashville).
- Three ABSN program start dates a year (January, May, and August).
- Two clinical partnerships (St. Vincent in Indianapolis and Saint Thomas Health in Nashville).
While the process of applying to nursing school can seem overwhelming, your assigned admissions advisor will be there for you every step of the way, championing your entry into the ABSN program. In fact, our admissions advisors are always ready and willing to:
- Review your academic qualifications to confirm your enrollment eligibility.
- Help you determine if our program is the right education fit for you.
- Develop a prerequisite completion plan that targets your desired program start date.
- Keep you on track during the admissions and application processes.
ABSN Enrollment Schedule
|Fall||June||August 19, 2019|
|Spring||October||January 13, 2020|
Five Key Steps of Admissions
1. Talk to Admissions
Schedule an appointment with an admissions advisor to do a preliminary review of your qualifications to confirm your ABSN program eligibility as well as ensure the accelerated path to nursing is right for you.
2. Complete the Preliminary Review
During your preliminary review, your admissions advisor will go over your unofficial transcripts from the college or university you previously attended. He or she will also determine what ABSN prerequisites you still need to complete and the best way to go about getting them done. Additionally, your admissions advisor will ask you a series of schedule-related questions to make sure you have the time and energy to commit to professional nursing study.
3. Apply to Marian University
Following your preliminary review, you’ll need to apply to our university, which includes submitting your official transcripts from the college or university you previously attended. If you’re accepted into our university, you’ll have a post-advising session with your admissions advisor.
4. Complete the Prerequisites
Before you can begin our ABSN program, you must complete a series of science and humanities prerequisite courses within the specified grade and GPA requirements. Through Marian Adult Programs (MAP), you can complete these prerequisites online and in an accelerated format.
5. Apply to Our Leighton School of Nursing
Upon your successful completion of the ABSN prerequisite courses, you’ll need to apply to our Leighton School of Nursing. Please be aware that while our Leighton School of Nursing doesn’t charge an application fee, you’re required to pay for a drug test, background check, immunizations, and other related health screenings prior to entering the ABSN program.
Contact us to schedule your preliminary review or to learn more about our ABSN program admissions process.