Online Accelerated Nursing Coursework
Our online-based ABSN program in Indianapolis, Nashville, and Oklahoma City lets you learn about nursing theory concepts around your schedule. Such flexibility and convenience is made possible via our dynamic, intuitive e-learning management system, which allows you to:
- Read materials and listen to lectures,
- Complete assignments and quizzes,
- Socialize in discussion forums,
- Participate in instructor chat sessions.
The e-learning system also fits different learning styles to help make it easier for you and others to retain important concepts.
The system features:
- Images and 3D graphics that support text materials (visual learners).
- Audio lectures that can be replayed (aural learners).
- Interactive and simulated activities (tactile learners).
- Discussion and chat opportunities (social learners).
While online accelerated nursing coursework lets you learn at your own pace, you are still required to meet specified deadlines. Therefore, it’s important to follow a regular study routine so the convenience of online does not take you off track.
I have come to greatly appreciate the online courses. They have helped foster a better sense of self-empowerment to help be more confident in my nursing skills.
—Tanner May, ABSN Class of December 2016
Interactive Learning Activities
During each nursing theory course, you will complete interactive learning activities that simulate real-world health care situations and could require you to:
- Follow a teen through her pregnancy, performing exams and assisting in delivery.
- Determine the correct medication dosage to help a young patient heal.
- Assess the medical needs of a senior citizen in a home health care setting.
As part of this online learning activity, students are asked to calculate the 1-minute APGAR Score for a baby that is born following 8 hours of labor.
We developed these virtual scenarios so that you can begin to develop your problem solving and decision making skills before the start of your clinical experiences.
Online Complements Onsite
While our ABSN program allows you to complete your nursing theory classes online, it is NOT a 100% online nursing program. The online learning component of our program serves as a precursor to the significant amount of in-person practicum you will complete during labs and clinical rotations in Indianapolis or Nashville. So if you don’t live near one of our learning sites, you should plan to relocate.
By following a blended learning model, we are able to provide an accelerated, well-rounded education that gives you the means to graduate a baccalaureate-educated nurse in as few as 16 months. Below are the three core components of our blending learning approach.
- Online coursework teaches key nursing theory concepts.
- On-site labs provide hands-on learning with faculty.
- Clinical rotations afford diverse patient care experiences.
We believe our unique blend of online and experiential learning affords highly individualized, well-rounded educational experiences that contribute to the overall success of our ABSN students.
Contact us to learn more about our online accelerated nursing coursework.