Before you can get started in our 16-month accelerated nursing program, you must complete a series of ABSN prerequisite courses within the following, specified requirements. All of Marian University’s nursing prerequisite courses are available online and in an accelerated format.
Prerequisite Science Courses
|BIO 214 Introductory Microbiology*||4|
|BIO 225 Human Anatomy*||5|
|BIO 226 General Human Physiology*||5|
|CHE 100 Elements of General and Biological Chemistry*||4|
Prerequisite General Education Courses
|12 Hours in Humanities**||12|
|PSY 230 Abnormal Psychology**||3|
|PSY 220 Human Growth and Development**||3|
Suggested, but not required that these courses be completed before admission to the nursing program.
|PSY 205 Statistical Methods**||3|
|THL 105 Introduction to Theology**||3|
|THL 200 level or above**||3|
*Must pass with a C+ or better (2.8 GPA minimum)
**Must pass with a C or better
Please note that curriculum and admission requirements are subject to change. (Marian University 2017-18 Course Catalog, page 77)
Marian’s Adult Programs (MAP)
Students interesting in the online-based ABSN program in Indiana or Tennessee can complete all of the required nursing prereqs online through Marian’s Adult Programs (MAP). These accelerated courses are taught by Marian University professors and include interactive exercises that aid in the learning process and strengthen critical thinking skills.
- Accredited online classes in an accelerated format.
- Five-week course options offered nine times a year.
- Eight-week course options offered six times a year.
- Seamless credit transfers with our Leighton School of Nursing.
- Reserved seating opportunities for the ABSN program.
We use credit hours to determine the tuition cost of our prerequisite courses, with the cost per MAP credit hour being $390. You are responsible for purchasing textbooks.
By meeting the ABSN program admission requirements and completing the required nursing school prerequisite courses through MAP, you may earn contingent admission into our nursing program for your target start date. Reserved seating is dependent on, but not limited to, the following:
- Timely completion of the MAP prerequisite courses,
- Maintaining the minimum grade requirement for each prerequisite course,
- Submitting a completed nursing school application package to the Leighton School of Nursing.
Contact us to learn more about our ABSN prerequisite courses.