Would it surprise you to learn 21% of Americans plan to change jobs in 2014? Not if you read the survey posted by CareerBuilder in January. That’s up from 17% in 2013.
The survey shared that just 59% of employees are satisfied with their jobs, compared to 66% in 2013. The largest reason for dissatisfaction? Salary and not feeling valued.
If you fall under this category, making a decision is tough. Should you try something completely different? Should you stay in your industry but look at a different employer? Should you return to school to complete a degree? Obtain another degree?
Finding the time to explore a new career is sometimes the biggest hurdle. For that reason, I want to share some outstanding career fairs taking place this spring.
Having worked in the recruitment business for more than 20 years, I’ve always said career fairs are the most under-utilized opportunities for those seeking a new job. Where else can you find so many different companies and schools under one roof?
I wrote a post last fall about how to approach career fairs to insure you make the most of them. Meanwhile, mark your calendars and plan to attend at least a few of these:
- Purdue University – College of Liberal Arts – Career Fair 2/6/2014
- Marian University – Information Session @ St.Vincent Indianapolis – 2/11/2014
- College Career Consortium – Career Fair – 2/13/2014
- DePauw University – Career Fair – 2/20/2014
- Indiana State University – Career Fair – 2/26/2014
- IUPUI – Health Careers Fair – 3/4/2014
- Big Ten – Career Fair – 3/6/2014
- Purdue University – Health Careers Fair – 3/10/2014
- Indiana University – Health Programs Fair – 3/11/2014
- Hire Indy – My Workster All-Alumni Career Fair – 3/12/2014
- Marian University – Nursing Open House – 3/15/2014
- IUPUI – Career Fair – 4/2/2014
If you would like to learn more about a career in nursing via our 16-month accelerated online second bachelor’s degree program, RSVP and stop by our booth.