One of the unique benefits of attending the MUSVH Program is having a qualified, experienced academic advisor to work with you as you progress through the program – and that’s me.
Hi! I’m Melissa Spratt, and although my official title is academic advisor, I’m more of a student services coordinator who helps our students in a variety of ways. While my primary focus is to monitor each student’s academic progress and keep them on track, students can also come to me to:
- Ask a question (about anything!)
- Talk about goals and strengths
- Talk about the current semester/future semesters
- Seek guidance if they are struggling in a class (especially to avoid falling out of sequence)
- Problem solve/brainstorm a solution for an issue
- Celebrate an accomplishment
- Chat, vent or take a quick break
I am also a link to services at the main campus and am happy to provide students with information about how to find and utilize the various resources available. I use these resources to find an answer to every question and address every issue raised to the best of my ability. I am committed to guiding all students, and those students who work closely with me and seek help when they are struggling are more likely to succeed.
As you move through the accelerated nursing program, don’t ever hesitate to reach out to me. I enjoy working with all of our students and it is greatly rewarding to me to help each one of them succeed.