Accelerated BSN Admissions Overview
When it comes to accepting students into our second-degree, 16-month Accelerated BSN program in Indianapolis, we seek applicants who not only meet our admissions requirements, but also have the compassionate qualities that define the true spirit of caring. We offer:
- ABSN program start dates in January, May, and August.
- A high enrollment capacity via a clinical partnership with St. Vincent.
- Admissions advisors who work exclusively with nursing students.
- Online ABSN prerequisite courses available through Marian’s Adult Programs.
Our Leighton School of Nursing does not charge an admissions fee, but applicants must pay for a drug test, a background check, immunizations and health screenings prior to entering the accelerated nursing program.
We have a dedicated team of admissions advisors who only support ABSN students. These champions of higher learning are readily available to help you:
- Determine your enrollment eligibility and discuss your education goals.
- Enroll in Marian’s Adult Programs to complete your ABSN prerequisite courses.
- Develop an academic plan targeted toward your program start date.
- Stay on track during the admissions and application processes.
Five Key Admissions Steps
1. Talk to Admissions
Schedule an interview with an admissions advisor who will confirm your program eligibility and ensure that our university aligns with your future goals.
2. Preliminary Review
During your preliminary review with an admissions advisor, you will need to share your unofficial transcripts from the college or university you previously attended. You and your advisor will work together to develop a personalized academic plan that works toward your desired program start date.
3. Apply to Marian University
Following your preliminary review, you must apply to our university and submit your official transcripts from the college or university you previously attended. Should you get accepted our university, you will have a post advising session with your advisor.
4. Complete Prerequisite Courses
Before you can start in our ABSN program, you must complete a series of science and humanities prerequisite courses within the specified requirements. Our MAP program allows you to complete these courses online and in an accelerated format.
5. Apply to the Leighton School of Nursing
Upon your successful completion of the ABSN prerequisite courses, you must apply to the Leighton School of Nursing at Marian University.
ABSN Enrollment Schedule
|Spring||October||January 8, 2018|
|Summer||March||May 7, 2018|
|Fall||June||August 20, 2018|
Contact us to learn more about our Accelerated BSN admissions process.