What Makes a Career in Nursing a Good Choice?
There are several reasons as to why nursing is a good career choice. Not only is it a rewarding occupation with unlimited job opportunities, it is a profession that will be in high demand for decades to come. Nursing also ranks high in the annual Gallop poll for being an honest, ethical profession.
The growing demand for nurses across the country is creating significant financial reward and upward mobility opportunities for individuals with a BSN degree or higher. In May 2017, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the following nursing salary data:
- $70,000, the nation’s median annual salary
- $62,450, the annual mean wage in Indiana
- $60,050, the annual mean wage in Tennessee
These days not every nurse spends long hours on the hospital floor. Today, a growing number of nurses work outside of the traditional hospital setting, providing quality care to others at:
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Corporate Clinics
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Military Bases
- School Systems
Nurses are in high demand across the country, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics listing the profession as one of the fastest growing in the nation. And, if supply does not meet demand, we could be looking at a nationwide shortage of at least 1 million nurses by the year 2020.
Top reasons nurses are in high demand:
- Better access to health care insurance
- Increased emphasis on preventive health care
- More individuals suffering from chronic conditions
- Aging baby-boomers requiring additional medical services
Contact us to learn more about what makes nursing a good career choice.